A few weeks ago I was asked by a friend of mine, Jordan Gill, to be a guest on her podcast series, Systems Saved Me. This series explores different systems that successful business women have implemented to take their life to the next level. I was incredibly humbled to be asked to be part of this project and to share some key things that have helped save my financial future. Check it out here!
- To change your current results, you have to change. We have all heard it said before, “the definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting to get a different result.” It sounds simple but it holds true.
- Seek out people who are where you desire to be or become and ask them for guidance and mentor-ship. Spend as much time with them as you can and learn from them. We are the average of the five people we hang around most.
- Read, read, read, but just not anything. Read books that will help grow you into the person you wish to become. Read books that will stretch your mind, your knowledge and skills. With your phone, you’re always downloading new software. That is what reading is like, downloading new software on your brain.
- There are three ways to make money: trading hours for dollars, leveraging money, or leveraging time through multiple streams of income. If you want financial freedom, the last way is the best to adopt because it affords you both money and time (yes you can have it all!). Trading hours for dollars has a self-imposed ceiling (only 24 hours in a day) and leveraging money requires money upfront which most Americans don’t have as they start on their path to financial independence.
- My most valuable investment has been to invest in myself – my skills, knowledge and mindset. You are your most important asset.
What systems have saved you and helped propel you in life and in business?